Help your students adapt to the first year of secondary school with the
Enhanced Learning Educational Services (ELES) Study Skills HELP Guide:
HELP#1 – ‘STARTING SECONDARY SCHOOL’
- Helps students to adapt successfully from primary school to secondary school.
- Suitable for Year 6 and Year 7 students in schools where Year 7 is the first year of high school.
This resource consists of 13 pages covering the essential things students need to know as they leave primary school and enter the world of secondary school. Students work through each section (they will need a highlighter) and complete the regular discussion activities with either a parent or a friend. This resource has the essential ‘things you need to know’ to help students manage the transition to high school. Students can work through this guide before starting school or during the first year of secondary school.
The resource sections are as follows:
- INDEPENDENT LEARNING: Homework is very different from how it was in primary school
- TIME MANAGEMENT: You need to work smart to manage your time well
- ORGANISATION: Being organised makes life easier
- HELP: Ask for help often and early
- SKILLS: Develop the skills you need for success
- HEALTH: Look after yourself, your mind and your body
Price: This resource is supplied in PDF format only and is priced at AUD$7.00. This includes GST and the file is emailed to you directly.
The product on this page is for SINGLE, INDIVIDUAL and PERSONAL USE ONLY. Copying or sharing is NOT permitted. Schools, educational organisations or groups must purchase a GROUP LICENSE VERSION that allows copying by clicking on the Schools/Teacher button on the home page of the site (or just click here for the School/Teacher versions that allow copying).
We want to make sure this resource is going to be useful for you and is what you are after. Therefore you can CLICK here to open or RIGHT CLICK to save the sample pages (the first half of the resource) to your computer (if you try and open them directly you may get an error). Once they are saved onto your computer, find the file and double-click on it to open it. We ask you to delete this file after viewing and we rely on your personal integrity in this matter. Please do not use the material unless you purchase the product.