Help your students to become effective learners:
Enhanced Learning Educational Services (ELES) Study Skills HELP Guide:
HELP#5 – ‘SENIOR SCHOOL SUCCESS’
- Helps students to work effectively in the final years of school.
- Suitable for Year 11 and Year 12 students in schools where Year 12 is the last year of secondary school.
This resource consists of 10 pages covering the essential things students need to know to be effective as a senior student. Students work through each section (they will need a highlighter) and complete the regular discussion activities with either a parent or a friend. This resource has the essential ‘things you need to know’ to help students make the most of the senior years. Students can work through this guide before starting senior school or anytime during their last years of school.
The resource sections are as follows:
- SENIOR SCHOOL MINDSET: Attitude, growth mindset, responsibility, motivation, goals
- AT SCHOOL: Using class time and study periods effectively
- AT HOME: Organising resources and creating an afternoon routine
- TIME MANAGEMENT: How much time, dealing with distractions, working effectively
- ASSESSMENTS AND ESSAYS: Key points to approach assessments successfully
- STUDYING FOR TESTS EFFECTIVELY: Making study notes and preparing for exams
- INDEPENDENT LEARNING: Doing more than just what your teacher tells you to do
- SEEKING HELP: Building a support network and asking for help when needed
- MANAGING RELATIONSHIPS: Working with parents, teachers and friends
Price: This resource is supplied in PDF format only and is priced at AUD$7.00. This includes GST and the file is emailed to you directly.
The product on this page is for SINGLE, INDIVIDUAL and PERSONAL USE ONLY. Copying or sharing is NOT permitted. Schools, educational organisations or groups must purchase a GROUP LICENSE VERSION that allows copying by clicking on the Schools/Teacher button on the home page of the site (or just click here for the School/Teacher versions that allow copying).
We want to make sure this resource is going to be useful for you and is what you are after. Therefore you can CLICK here to open or RIGHT CLICK to save the sample pages (the first half of the resource) to your computer (if you try and open them directly you may get an error). Once they are saved onto your computer, find the file and double-click on it to open it. We ask you to delete this file after viewing and we rely on your personal integrity in this matter. Please do not use the material unless you purchase the product.